The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is military history.
· Bibliography Committee, International Commission of Comparative Military History, International Bibliography of Military History, 23 volumes to date, 1978-2002.
· Millett, Allan R. and Peter Maslowski, For the Common Defense: A Military History of the United States of America, rev. ed., The Free Press, 1994.
· Higham, Robin, ed., A Guide to the Sources of United States Military History, Archon Books, 1974 with four Supplements in 1981, 1986, 1993, and 1998.
· Jessup, John E. and Louise B. Ketz, Encyclopedia of the American Military, 3 vols, Charles Scribner's Sons, 1994.
· MERLN (Military Education and Research Library Network) Provides access to on-line library catalogues of members of the United States armed forces professional military education system from the service academies to the war colleges, including indices of military periodicals. http://merln.ndu.edu/
· Journal of Military History, originally published as Military Affairs (since 1938) and sponsored by the Society for Military History (formerly the American Military Institute). The JMH is published quarterly and features scholarly articles, but it also includes timely book reviews and comprehensive, running bibliographies of journal articles, anthologies, and doctoral dissertations in military history. At least twice a year JMH provides bibliographical review articles on general fields in military history.
"The Infography about Military History"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA