Japan -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is the history of Japan.
· The Cambridge History of Japan, 6 vols. Donald H. Shively, et al., Eds. Vol. 1: Ancient Japan, Vol. 2: Heian Japan, Vol. 3: Medieval Japan, Vol. 4: Early Modern Japan, Vol. 5: The Nineteenth Century, Vol. 6: The Twentieth Century.(Cambridge University Press, 1999)
· Sir George B. Sansom. A History of Japan, 3 vols. (Stanford University Press, 1963).
· Mikiso Hane. Premodern Japan, A Historical Survey (Westview Press, 1991); and Modern Japan, A Historical Survey (Westview Press, 1992).
· Sources of Japanese Tradition, compiled by Ryusaku Tsunoda, Wm. Theodore de Bary and Donald Keene (Columbia University Press, 1958).
· John W. Hall and Richard K. Beardsley: Twelve Doors to Japan (McGraw-Hill, 1965).
· Kodansha Encyclopedia of Japan, 9 vols. (Kodansha, 1983).
"The Infography about the History of Japan"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA