Custer, George Armstrong (1839-1876)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is George Custer.
· Barnett, Louise. Touched by Fire: The Life, Death, and Mythic Afterlife of George Armstrong Custer. Henry Holt and Company, 1996.
· Hutton, Paul A., ed. The Custer Reader. University of Nebraska Press, 1992.
· Leckie, Shirley A. Elizabeth Bacon Custer and the Making of a Myth. University of Oklahoma Press, 1993.
· Urwin, Gregory J.W. Custer Victorious: The Civil War Battles of General George Armstrong Custer. University of Nebraska Press, 1990.
· Utley, Robert M. Cavalier in Buckskin: George Armstrong Custer and the Western Military Frontier. University of Oklahoma Press, 1988.
· Wert, Jeffry D. Custer: The Controversial Life of George Armstrong Custer. Simon and Schuster, 1996.
· Fox, Richard Allan, Jr. Archaeology, History, and Custer's Last Battle. University of Oklahoma Press, 1993.
· Gray, John S. Centennial Campaign: The Sioux War of 1876. Fort Collins, Old Army Press, 1976.
· Kraft, Louis. Custer and the Cheyenne: George Armstrong Custer's Winter Campaign on the Southern Plains. Upton and Sons Publishers, 1995.
· Michno, Gregory F. Lakota Noon: The Indian Narrative of Custer's Defeat. Mountain Press Publishing Company, 1997.
· Monaghan, Jay. Custer: The Life of General George Armstrong Custer. Little, Brown and Company, 1959.
"The Infography about George Armstrong Custer (1839-1876)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA