The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is nursing in rural areas.
· Anderson, J., and Yuhos, R. (1993). Health promotion in rural settings. A nursing challenge. Nursing Clinics of North America, 28(1), 145-55.
· Bigbee, J.L. (1993). The uniqueness of rural nursing. Nursing Clinics of North America, 28(1), 131-44.
· Bushy, A. (1998). Rural nursing in the United States: where do we stand as we enter a new millennium? Australian Journal of Rural Health, 6(2), 65-71.
· Long, K.A., and Weinert, C. (1999). Rural nursing: developing the theory base. Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice, 13(3), 257-69.
· Magilvy, J.K., Congdon, J.G., and Martinez, R. (1994). Circles of care: home care and community support for rural older adults. ANS: Advances in Nursing Science, 16(3), 22-33.
· Scott, J.R. (2000). A nursing leadership challenge: managing the chronically ill in rural settings. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 24 (3), 21-32.
"The Infography about Rural Nursing"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA