Wyoming -- History
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the history of Wyoming.
· T.A. Larson, History of Wyoming (University of Nebraska Press, 1965; reprinted).
· Roy Jordan, Wyoming: A Centennial Bibliography (privately printed, 1988).
· John D. Unruh, The Plains Across: The Overland Emigrants and the Trans-Mississippi West, 1840-1860 (University of Illinois Press, 1979).
· Gordon Olaf Hendrickson, ed., Peopling the High Plains: Wyoming's European Heritage (Wyoming State Archives and Historical Department, 1977).
· Loretta Fowler, Arapaho Politics, 1851-1978: Symbols in Crises of Authority (University of Nebraska Press, 1982).
· T.A. Larson, "Woman Suffrage in Wyoming," Pacific Northwest Quarterly, 56 (1965), 57-66.
· The Annals of Wyoming: The Wyoming History Journal, published by the Wyoming State Historical Society. Index. http://www.wyshs.org/annals.htm and http://www.wyshs.org/annals.htm#INDEX
· Robert Righter, Crucible for Conservation: The Struggle for Grand Teton National Park (Colorado Associated University Press, 1982).
· Lewis Gould, Wyoming: A Political History, 1868-1896 (Yale University Press, 1968).
· A. Dudley Gardner and Verla R. Flores, Forgotten Frontier: A History of Wyoming Coal Mining (Westview Press, 1989).
"The Infography about the History of Wyoming"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA