Music -- Neurologic Rehabilitation
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is neurologic rehabilitation using music.
· Miller RA, Thaut MH, McIntosh GC, and Rice RR. 1996. Components of EMG symmetry and variability in Parkinsonian and healthy elderly gait. Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology 101:1-7
· Pachetti C, Aglieri R, Mancini F, Martignoni E, and Nappi G. 1998. Active music therapy and Parkinson's disease. Functional Neurology 13:57-67
· Thaut MH, Kenyon GP, Schauer ML, and McIntosh GC. 1999. Rhythmicity and brain function: Implications for therapy of movement disorders. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 18:101-108
· Thaut MH, McIntosh GC, Rice RR, Miller RA, Rathbun J, and Brault JA. 1996. Rhythmic auditory stimulation in gait training of Parkinson's disease patients. Movement Disorders 11:193-200
· Thaut MH, McIntosh GC, and Rice RR. 1997. Rhythmic facilitation of gait training in hemiparetic stroke rehabilitation. Journal of Neurological Sciences 151:207-212
· Sparks RW, and Holland AL. 1976. Method: Melodic intonation therapy for aphasia. Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders 41:298-300
"The Infography about Music Therapy in Neurologic Rehabilitation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA